Langsung ke konten utama

UK Life Part 12: Study tips while u have a newborn Baby #mommystudentlife

Hello Again...


two weeks after labor

I will share "how I can manage my study while I have a newborn Baby". Alhamdulillah I did my master degree. I was thinking to write about this blog but I wait until I done my study.  Actually, becoming a new MOM is not easy for every woman in the world. Not only me as an international student, but also for every new mom, for an example a working mom also has her own challenges, especially when her maternity leaves is over and has to be back to work. Besides, a full-time mom might have her own story too.

However, based on my experience. I can create a short list of study tips for a new mom as follows
          
1. Pray
As a Muslim, I pray 5 times a day. During my prayer, I always ask ALLAH SWT to give me strength so I can fulfill my study and become a great mom without any problems. It gives me hope that Allah SWT always with me so I can through it well.
At my main Campus, University of Nottingham

2. Know your limit
I have to understand my limitations. Sometimes, I was too determined and forgot that I was pregnant. Fortunately, my husband always reminds me that I have a limitation. I couldn't spend too much time at the library like another student. I couldn't sit too long because my tummy was too big and got back-pain. However, don't worry because it is always way-out for every problem. Although I couldn't spend too much at the library, I could do research at home by online library and E-book. I did all of my coursework on my bed at home.

3. Prioritize
Because I know my limit, I have to make prioritized. My prioritize at that time were my study and my family. So I couldn't spend too much time play around with friends, neither did my husband. He stayed beside me almost all the time. I knew that he wants to hang out with his friends but because of me and my baby, he prefers to stay at home..hihihi 

4. Time Management

Time Management is very important! During my pregnancy,  I never absent of my course. But when my baby was born, I felt it was so challenging. Every night (until now), I have to stay awake because my baby needs to breastfeeding. I was lack of sleep that made me feel tired and couldn't focus on my course. However, I tried to keep on track in my study. I did my coursework while my baby was sleeping. Besides that, I also asked my husband to take care of her for a while when I was busy. We work together and organized our schedule, so our baby never alone at home. Fortunately, we had different class, different schedule so we could take care our baby. I felt that was an amazing experience become a new family, we have to think and coordinate each other. (AMAZING EXPERIENCE).

5. Keep Healthy

Become a new mom was not that easy. I need to eat healthy food and vitamins too. I consume some multivitamins such Blackmores, Pregnacare, Vitamin  C & Vitamin D every day.  In additions, I also eat fruits like banana, orange, peach, an apple every day. No day without fruits.  I had to do Yoga too, at least once a week or I will feel back-pain. When I felt tired or sick, I drink a hot lemon-honey water (sometimes I add ginger too). As you may know that, as a breastfeeding mom, we have to avoid unsafe chemical so I prefer natural or herbal medicine.

6. Ask for Helps

I know sometimes we are too shy to ask help. But for an emergency situation, we should ask for help. For instance, I knew that I won't be able to finish my coursework while I was 9 months old pregnancy so I went to the student welfare and ask for help to give me some extension time. Fortunately, they supported me and understand my situation. Besides that, I had some issues when I was doing my dissertation. I can't focus on it, my baby needed extra my attention. So I called my parents, thank God (Alhamdulillah) my mother in law could visit us in order to help us taking care my baby while we were finishing my dissertation.

when we were in Lincoln
So thats all my tips and my experience. Hope you guys enjoy my blog.
"Tidak ada yang sia-sia dari setiap doa dan usaha".

Love
UKT

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

co-parenting, is that hard?

Co-parenting? what is that? for you who has "a perfect family" hopefully will never experience this. I started to google it since April 2019. I never know and never want to experience this kind of parenting method. However, some sh%%$ happened and the show must go on.  When you google "co-parenting", you will face several articles about it. Basically, co-parenting means you and your ex-spouse collaborate together to raise the kid, despite your hates and egos. And how to do it? the answer is I DON'T KNOW. I just try not to fight or against your ex-spouse in front of your kid and pretend "everything is just fine". I try to explain the kid every night such as "Mommy and daddy can't get along together anymore, however, we still love you and want the best for you". I will allow my daughter if she wants to meet her dad and vice versa. On the other hand, especially in Indonesia, the "co-parenting" method is unusual. Therefore, you need

My First Freediving Experience in Tunda Island Indonesia

Hello Again. I'm very pleased to write again. Today I want to write about my first freediving lesson experience at Tunda Island. One word: AMAZING. I've been swimming since I was 3, and I did some competition when I was in elementary school. Until now, swimming is my favorite sport all the time. I feel calm in the water, I can be myself, and it's a great "me time" session. Besides that, I often swimming with speed, because I get to use it when I was trained as an athlete. But swimming in the ocean is not as same as swimming in the pool, we should enjoy the ocean scenery, no need to rush. A week ago, I did join a trip to Tunda Island, Serang Banten, Indonesia. It was my first time to go on a trip (you may check on Instagram: @ansor_officialTrip)  alone without friends or family. Fortunately, I met new friends. They are free-divers and fun people. One of them, miss Irma or you can find her Instagram with @_irmave_ taught me how to freediving. She taught me how to br

Covid-19 Experiences

 Heyho I'm writing about my experience surviving from Covid 19. I got Covid on March 2021, and I was in the hospital for 12 days. Fortunately, I isolated in the hospital with my other best friend, Annisa and Kartika. It was quite a funny experience. As I remembered before I got Covid, I can't sleep for three days. So I believe that I got Covid because of stress that makes my immune was dropping. The important thing is to please keep stress away during pandemics. I know It's not an easy situation, but please try hard to avoid stress. Because when you got stress, you can't eat and sleep well, therefore your immune will drop, and the virus could catch you. That's what happened to me. The unique thing about this virus is it has different effects happens to different people. For example, I got no fever, and I still can breathe easily, however, I lost the ability to smell (anosmia) and to taste food. However, a different effect happens to my friend, she had a bad fever fo