Langsung ke konten utama

My First Freediving Experience in Tunda Island Indonesia

Hello Again.


I'm very pleased to write again.

Today I want to write about my first freediving lesson experience at Tunda Island.

One word: AMAZING.


I've been swimming since I was 3, and I did some competition when I was in elementary school. Until now, swimming is my favorite sport all the time. I feel calm in the water, I can be myself, and it's a great "me time" session. Besides that, I often swimming with speed, because I get to use it when I was trained as an athlete. But swimming in the ocean is not as same as swimming in the pool, we should enjoy the ocean scenery, no need to rush.



A week ago, I did join a trip to Tunda Island, Serang Banten, Indonesia. It was my first time to go on a trip (you may check on Instagram: @ansor_officialTrip)  alone without friends or family. Fortunately, I met new friends. They are free-divers and fun people. One of them, miss Irma or you can find her Instagram with @_irmave_ taught me how to freediving. She taught me how to breathe statics in the water, and I got 1 minute in one breathe. Then, we started to swim in the ocean. With my swimming experience, I could adapt easily.  After that, I learned how to equalizing. It was a difficult thing for me because I always swimming freely without doing equalize. However, equalizing is very essentials because of the water pressure in the ocean much bigger than in the pool. My ears were hurt when I try to freedive for the first time.

The basic lessons for freediving:

1. Breathe: take a deep breath before you go down and practice the statics first. Because breath in statics is different when you go freediving. When you do freediving, you move all of your body and your breath becomes shorter than when you do statics breath. 

2. Equalizing: Middle-ear equalization is a basic, required diver skill that enables the equalization of the pressure in the sinuses and middle-ear spaces with ambient pressure. When your ears hurt, just rather stop and back to the surface. It's better to prioritize safety and your own health. 

3. Duck-Dive: Duck-dive is the basic move to dive. Duck-dive is the technique used by surfers to sink their surfboards underwater so they can dive under waves with their surfboards. It takes years of practice to develop a great duck-dive technique, so don't get discouraged. But for swimmers, they might know well to do it. However, it is different when you duck-dive in the pool and in the ocean. The pressure in the ocean is much bigger than in the pool. So I felt difficult for the first time to go deep. I had to wear a weight belt to help me go down. 

4. Handle you fear: For me, it is one of my biggest obstacles to doing freediving. I felt powerless and insecure. Mother nature really has it. Even I'm a swimmer but I'm just a human. On the first day in Tunda, I couldn't really enjoy the freediving. I felt fear and alert. I was afraid something happens uncontrollable. Furthermore, on the second day, I could enjoy it. I could relax in the ocean. I less worried when I did freediving. IT WAS AMAZING EXPERIENCE. 



I really love it and absolutely will do other freediving trips. My next trip will be Peuchang Island in November 2020. I will share my experience there. I'm so exciting. Water is my element, and freediving in the ocean makes me realize how small I am and feel grateful. I can hear the ocean sound and enjoy the beautiful scenery, it's relaxing. Worth it!

You should try it!


Love 

Yani

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Baby Swim Tips

Hi it's been a while... Today I would like to share my experience as a baby swill class coach at @splishsplashid. However, I never thought that I could teach parents how to swim safely with their babies. When I was a kid, I got a gold medal for swimming competition for all primary school student in Jakarta, and I love to swim. My point is every good thing that we've learned in the past will give us an advantage, build our character and determine who we are. Hopefully what I've learned can be useful for the society and others, although it's just a simple thing such how to swim together with your baby safely. So here some tips for a parent when swimming with their baby under one year old. I recommend you to start swim together with your baby when she/he is six months old. There are some advantages for baby join baby swimming class such as build his/her character to be more confident, enhance bonding between parent and baby, healthy together (of course), sleeping tra...

my bachelorette party

Hi  I have some friend groups, and before I get married they prepared bachelorette parties for me. And this is one of the best. It happened at the end of March 2016 My friend sent me a mysterious address and I had to go there. When I arrived there, they already there with suspicious faces. They made me wear tiger theme clothes which is norak banget. They also erased my eyebrows, they know my eyebrow is very critical makeup on my face. Finally, they push me into the pool... hahaha  bride to be me with my college besties However, I have another bachelorette party with my high school friends. me & my high school besties they draw anything they like on my face These can be your inspiration for a bachelorette party... Thank you guys

UK Life Part 10: My Husband Got a Babyblues (Oh No!)

Assalamualaikum Hello again I want to share about how I can survive as a new mom at the second and third months after giving birth. At the first month, as I wrote in my previous blog. It was amazing experiences, however at the second month there are some new challenges that made me feel tired but fortunately, we can through it. #Alhamdulillah my little snow white Moreover, as a master student, I plan to finish my study on time. So two weeks after giving birth, I was back to school. Even though, I was still feel in pain and even can't walk straight because of my stitches. Yes, I'm kind of determined person when I pursuing something that I really want which is my master degree. (some friend of mine told me that I'm a stubborn lady hahaha). However, I believe that an education is a big investment for my future and my next generations. And there is no knowledge that can be useless. It's time for women to be educated in many ways. It's not only about ...