Langsung ke konten utama

My First Freediving Experience in Tunda Island Indonesia

Hello Again.


I'm very pleased to write again.

Today I want to write about my first freediving lesson experience at Tunda Island.

One word: AMAZING.


I've been swimming since I was 3, and I did some competition when I was in elementary school. Until now, swimming is my favorite sport all the time. I feel calm in the water, I can be myself, and it's a great "me time" session. Besides that, I often swimming with speed, because I get to use it when I was trained as an athlete. But swimming in the ocean is not as same as swimming in the pool, we should enjoy the ocean scenery, no need to rush.



A week ago, I did join a trip to Tunda Island, Serang Banten, Indonesia. It was my first time to go on a trip (you may check on Instagram: @ansor_officialTrip)  alone without friends or family. Fortunately, I met new friends. They are free-divers and fun people. One of them, miss Irma or you can find her Instagram with @_irmave_ taught me how to freediving. She taught me how to breathe statics in the water, and I got 1 minute in one breathe. Then, we started to swim in the ocean. With my swimming experience, I could adapt easily.  After that, I learned how to equalizing. It was a difficult thing for me because I always swimming freely without doing equalize. However, equalizing is very essentials because of the water pressure in the ocean much bigger than in the pool. My ears were hurt when I try to freedive for the first time.

The basic lessons for freediving:

1. Breathe: take a deep breath before you go down and practice the statics first. Because breath in statics is different when you go freediving. When you do freediving, you move all of your body and your breath becomes shorter than when you do statics breath. 

2. Equalizing: Middle-ear equalization is a basic, required diver skill that enables the equalization of the pressure in the sinuses and middle-ear spaces with ambient pressure. When your ears hurt, just rather stop and back to the surface. It's better to prioritize safety and your own health. 

3. Duck-Dive: Duck-dive is the basic move to dive. Duck-dive is the technique used by surfers to sink their surfboards underwater so they can dive under waves with their surfboards. It takes years of practice to develop a great duck-dive technique, so don't get discouraged. But for swimmers, they might know well to do it. However, it is different when you duck-dive in the pool and in the ocean. The pressure in the ocean is much bigger than in the pool. So I felt difficult for the first time to go deep. I had to wear a weight belt to help me go down. 

4. Handle you fear: For me, it is one of my biggest obstacles to doing freediving. I felt powerless and insecure. Mother nature really has it. Even I'm a swimmer but I'm just a human. On the first day in Tunda, I couldn't really enjoy the freediving. I felt fear and alert. I was afraid something happens uncontrollable. Furthermore, on the second day, I could enjoy it. I could relax in the ocean. I less worried when I did freediving. IT WAS AMAZING EXPERIENCE. 



I really love it and absolutely will do other freediving trips. My next trip will be Peuchang Island in November 2020. I will share my experience there. I'm so exciting. Water is my element, and freediving in the ocean makes me realize how small I am and feel grateful. I can hear the ocean sound and enjoy the beautiful scenery, it's relaxing. Worth it!

You should try it!


Love 

Yani

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

co-parenting, is that hard?

Co-parenting? what is that? for you who has "a perfect family" hopefully will never experience this. I started to google it since April 2019. I never know and never want to experience this kind of parenting method. However, some sh%%$ happened and the show must go on.  When you google "co-parenting", you will face several articles about it. Basically, co-parenting means you and your ex-spouse collaborate together to raise the kid, despite your hates and egos. And how to do it? the answer is I DON'T KNOW. I just try not to fight or against your ex-spouse in front of your kid and pretend "everything is just fine". I try to explain the kid every night such as "Mommy and daddy can't get along together anymore, however, we still love you and want the best for you". I will allow my daughter if she wants to meet her dad and vice versa. On the other hand, especially in Indonesia, the "co-parenting" method is unusual. Therefore, you need

Covid-19 Experiences

 Heyho I'm writing about my experience surviving from Covid 19. I got Covid on March 2021, and I was in the hospital for 12 days. Fortunately, I isolated in the hospital with my other best friend, Annisa and Kartika. It was quite a funny experience. As I remembered before I got Covid, I can't sleep for three days. So I believe that I got Covid because of stress that makes my immune was dropping. The important thing is to please keep stress away during pandemics. I know It's not an easy situation, but please try hard to avoid stress. Because when you got stress, you can't eat and sleep well, therefore your immune will drop, and the virus could catch you. That's what happened to me. The unique thing about this virus is it has different effects happens to different people. For example, I got no fever, and I still can breathe easily, however, I lost the ability to smell (anosmia) and to taste food. However, a different effect happens to my friend, she had a bad fever fo